Do you need help writing something? Here are a some things to keep in mind when asking a writer to assist you.
1. Write complete sentences. Also use correct punctuation. Proofread. Writers read complete sentences easier. It also shows you care about your presentation. Typos are normal from time to time but look over your work so a writer can have confidence in you.
2. Give them a sample of your work. The sample lets the writer know what they are working with.
3. Give a synopsis of your project. No one wants to read forty pages before they learn what the piece is about.
4. Have a budget in mind. If you seek processional help have in mind what you are willing to pay. If you do not know say so. Which leads me to my next point.
5. Do not insult the writer. Don’t list other artists as a reason not to pay the writer. Don’t act like your project will make her a better writer. Don’t act as if her time is not important.
6. Do not ask a writer to do your homework. If you are doing a school assignment and you need help that is one thing. But paying someone to write your homework and then turning in an assignment you are passing off as your own goes beyond ghostwriting. It is academic dishonesty and upright authors do not wish to participate in that.
Writers, do you have any tips to share?
Talk to me,